Chelsea Contracting Ltd is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for the safety and health of our workers and others in the workplace.
Health and safety is everyone’s business, and everyone is expected to share in our commitment to avoid all accidents and incidents that may cause personal injury, property damage, or loss of any kind.
Every worker is expected to act safely at all times to ensure their own welfare and that of their fellow workers and others in the workplace.
We will ensure the safety of workers by:
- Providing and maintaining a safe working environment
- Providing facilities for health and safety
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is safe
- Ensuring all workers are not exposed to unmanaged or uncontrolled hazards and risks
- Developing and implementing emergency and evacuation procedures
To achieve this, we will:
- Systematically identify and control all hazards and risks in our workplace. We will take steps in so far as reasonably practicable to eliminate and/or minimise these hazards to prevent any incident, injury, illness or damage.
- Inform all workers of these hazards and the hazard controls.
- Ensure all workers are properly trained and supervised.
- Inform all workers of emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Record all incidents, illnesses and injuries in our workplace, and take steps in so far as reasonably practicable, to prevent these events from happening.
- Carry out planned self-inspections to monitor health and safety issues.